Highway 89 runs through Truckee.
- From Interstate 80 take Highway 89N exit towards Sierraville.
- From the west (Sacramento) take exit 188B.
- From the east (Reno) take exit 188.
- Go fourteen miles. Look for a sign that says "Independence Lake, Weber Lake, Jackson Meadows". Turn left (this is the Little Truckee Summit trailhead).
- Follow the tarred road for nearly one and a half miles. Take a left onto Independence Lake road (a gravel/dirt road). You will soon cross a bridge over the Little Truckee River.
- After one half mile you will come to a crossroad. Go straight through.
- After nearly a half a mile there is a Y-junction. Stay to the right.
- Another Y-junction is one tenth of a mile further along. Stay to the left. This dips down and you will drive through a small stream.
- A further half a mile and our gravel driveway will be on your right. You will see our Mitchells Mountain Meadows sign.
*** It's a total of three miles from Highway 89 to our cabin ***
DO NOT USE GOOGLE MAPS, MAPQUEST, OR A GPS DEVICE BECAUSE THEY ARE MISLEADING.